Monday, May 20, 2013

Exploring the Untouched Waterfall of Cipanas! [terribly fun]

Hey guys! Today is the time for a little travel scoop.
Cipanas Waterfall
It all started when a fortune-teller 'Suhu' told my uncle that there was this waterfall behind a temple in Puncak where you could bath and wash away your misfortune. So, my aunt asked me whether I wanted to join them (my uncle's and his sister's family, plus 3 friends of Suhu) on weekend. Of course I said yes! I needed to get away from city for awhile.

Sunday, 19th May 2013, 4:30 am. I was wide awake, couldn't hold my excitement to play in nature. I picked my cute casual outfit, put on some makeup, and ready to go. (heads up, it was a biiiiggg mistake!

We arrived at the temple around 9:30 am and a bad news had already waited for us. The dam was crushed because of a landslide that's just happened couple days before that. Suhu suggested that we went to a waterfall nearby, and we agreed upon it. We had come this far, it would be such a waste if we just went back. So, we drove our cars up the hill. The road was so ugly! The worst so far in my life! My cousin even burnt one of his wheel and I could only breath peacefully when I knew that we had arrived. 

It turned out that we had to walk pass through a village to get to the forest. And I kept thinking Running Man. Remember the episode where they shot in the village? lol.
The village
Some of them were complaining that the road was 'difficult', but seriously, that road was nothing, especially compared to the one that we would face pretty soon. Passed through the village, we could see a beautiful scenery. I felt like sitting there for couple of hours just to relax and enjoy the view. It was a right decision to take photos there or else there will be no photo taken. :p
Suhu (striped shirt), with his friends and our 3 little tour-guides.
Well, I am not good at taking picture, or the nature is not so photogenic :p anyway, it will look more beautiful if you see it by yourself. 
'The Decision Path' - the path where you have to decide whether you want to keep going or stop. 
Yup!! We had to go DOWN THERE, and CLIMB UP some more after that. None of us was prepared to go hiking. Like I said, I even picked a cute outfit with a pair of flip flops, put some makeup, and my aunt was even wearing high heels! Among 14 people, 4 people decided not to follow and I WAS SO THANKFUL that they didn't! With two kids, and....and.....oh my God, I'm just glad that they didn't! As for those 10 people left, 9 were bound to go there. As for me, it's optional. But I did go anyway. Blame the adrenalin!!! However, I must admit that it was such a WRONG  decision. Without a proper gear, I still don't know how we could survive. Good cooperation, maybe :)

I'm so sorry that I could not get even a single photo on the way. I regret it until now, but I still love my life, peeps!! :( The paths were soooooo steep and slippery! Luckily we met nice strangers on the way there. One of them (I don't think he's local.) offered me to take his bamboo stick because it was gonna be even steeper down there, he said. Well, thank you, nice cute stranger :3

We did not meet any other people after that group. It was kinda scary when I realized that the forest was still untouched by many people, and it felt like there was 'something' there that I couldn't quite tell. Well, I kept going even when I had to literally walk on a sideline without anything to grab on.  All negative thought started to come up. 

How if I slip? 
How if I fall? 
How if no one can help me? 
How if there is a big rock falls from above? 
How can they tell my mother that I didn't make it?
Is this gonna be the way I die??

LOL!  So, Survival Instinct 1: Walk Like a Lizard. I leaned my body on the rock and walked side wise. :D :D :D

The only thing that made me want to stop was when I met a nearly 90 degree rock near the bottom of the waterfall. Well, I didn't mind climbing up there, but I was really scared to get down from there. lol. My cousin convinced me to climb, so I did, with the help of my uncle from above. My legs were already trembling, I don't know either from the fright or from the fatigue. Anyway, we made it to the waterfall!!! HALF WAY MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! :D :D
It's a proof that I'm not just another 'she just knows how to be pretty' girl, you know. :p
The current was not so strong when we got there, but it got stronger and stronger as the weather became overcast. We bathed in there only for approximately 30 minutes, then our little tour-guides told us to finished it soon because it's starting to rain.
It was so cold! I don't know why they don't allow me to say it out loud. =/
That was my first time changing my clothes in the open nature. It felt weird! Especially when there were some random local kids decided to peek on us. Well, I don't really care. lol. But it turned out that we have to throw away the clothes that we wore when bathing. No!!! I would have worn my ugliest shirt if I knew it beforehand. :(
Bye-bye cute piggy tank top. I will find your replacement pretty soon :)
Okay, from now on, the real adventure was gonna start! Brace yourself!!! 

I have a gift to feel what other people are feeling (or maybe not). But I was soooo sureee that our three musketeers were scared of a landslide if it rained heavy enough. They walked damn fast! I had to literally run so that I wasn't left behind. The path was getting more slippery because of the rain. 

I was the fourth in the group, and once I turned back, I couldn't see the rest of them, included my uncle and cousin. But if I stopped, I might lose both of the group. Survival Instinct 2: Follow The Group That Knows The Way Better. So I kept walking so fast, chasing Suhu who was far in front of me. When I arrived at the 90 degree rock, Suhu and the others were there. The rock slowed them down, so I had an opportunity to catch them up. I told him that I couldn't see the rest, asking him to wait and of course help me to get down from there. He held me, but I still slipped, TWICE! Oh my life!! I knew there were some serious big rocks down there, just didn't dare to look at them. 

We waited for them down there, I was shivering. The rain was making all even worse! It's getting colder, more slippery, and it's blocking my view, plus the ghost of a landslide kept haunting me. I just wanted to leave that place as soon as I could! We continued our journey as soon as we had seen the others. Hell, those were a lot of ramps! For the record, I was not walking with two legs, but four! I was so tired and I was afraid that my legs weren't strong enough to support me. Survival Instinct 3: Use Every Part Of Your Body To Survive. 

After walking for awhile, I looked back, and again I couldn't see the rest. I shouted at Suhu, telling him to wait for them. We waited, on the ramp. The rain was getting heavier and the rest of the group still did not show up. Suhu asked those 3 kids to go back and look for them, but they were scared, I could tell. They said "you guys wait for us. Don't leave us." and walked just a little bit further back. They screamed in a language that I could not understand, I assumed that they were asking where were the rest. But there was no reply, so he had to try for several times until they replied back. I was relieved!! It turned out that they took the wrong path. Oh my! 

We continued our journey back. I was out of breath and Suhu had to hold and pull me up for several times. Bless you, Suhu!!! Not so long, we found a local house. I think we only took half a time we spent to go there in order to get back here because we were such in a rush. We waited for the rain to stop in that house and some mystical things happened. I honestly don't think I should mention the whole story here, but let's just say that it's my first time seeing someone being possessed. 

--- xxx ---

Off the record, even though I was so scared for my life, it is still a valuable experience though. (well, I can say this only because those critical moments have passed :p) And Suhu said, "this girl [me] is like a cat." Well, it's a good thing! Maybe I do have 9 lives. :p Anyway, we arrived at home at 12:00 am, and I want to officially thank the people who drove the cars because it must be really tiring for them. Bravo!! :D 

P.S. my bones figuratively fall out the next day. I can't sit, can't stand, can't walk, can't climbed the stair, and can't pee without saying "ouch ouch ouch ouch" lol.

XoXo,

JyuniLie

No comments:

Post a Comment